What is an RDN?
RDN stands for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. RDN is used interchangeably with RD or Registered Dietitian, both have the same education and experience.
What can an RDN or RD do for me?
- An RDN or RD has education and experience that allows them to practice medical nutrition therapy to help manage chronic diseases such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer.
- An RDN or RD can provide guidance on managing food allergies, sensitives, or intolerances.
- By providing personalized nutrition advice, an RDN or RD can offer the highest level of nutrition counseling to help you set goals based on health history, preferred foods, diet and exercise habits.
- Rather than relying on fad diets, an RDN or RD can work with you to develop a safe, attainable, and effective weight loss plan that is something you can stick with for the long term.
- Many RDNs and RDs take an integrative, whole-body approach to health and wellness, looking beyond food and diet to help you feel your best.